cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9120 Duplex Jams Every Time

ritcheyvs
Apprentice

My 6-month-old TS9120 worked flawlwssly until last night.  Now the printer jams every time trying to print the backside in autoduplex. 

Single side printing and the front side of duplex printing still work fine every time. 

But when I try tp print in duplex, the paper jams "accordian" like inside the printer befind (viewed from back of printer) the transport cover unit. 

It appears (to me) that the duplex paper path should go around the transport cover but instead the paper goes up, before it gets to the transport unit, and crumples up there.  The error code is 130.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ritcheyvs
Apprentice

Correction:  the error code was 1300

Resolution:  I called Canon support and spoke with Alan.  After reviewing the symptoms and my troubleshooting actions, he decided it was likely a hardware problem.  Because the printer is within warrannty he arranged an exchange but 9120s were not available so they will substitute a TS8320.  I was able to print my Amazon invoice (from Amazon site) as proof of purchase, which I sbumitted to Canon by email, along with other information (name, address, S/N, etc).

I'm still a Canon fan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ritcheyvs
Apprentice

Correction:  the error code was 1300

Resolution:  I called Canon support and spoke with Alan.  After reviewing the symptoms and my troubleshooting actions, he decided it was likely a hardware problem.  Because the printer is within warrannty he arranged an exchange but 9120s were not available so they will substitute a TS8320.  I was able to print my Amazon invoice (from Amazon site) as proof of purchase, which I sbumitted to Canon by email, along with other information (name, address, S/N, etc).

I'm still a Canon fan.

My TS9120 is 2 years old (out of warranty) and has suddenly developed the same problem. I can no longer do double-sided printing. I will use up the substantial supply of ink cartridges I have left doing exclusively single-sided printing, then buy a new printer. The new one will not be a Canon product.

Yup!  Ours is out of warranty now (of course it is!) and now it suddenly will not print double-sided without a supposed repeated paper jam.  I have cleaned ALL the rollers repeatedly and am at wit's end with this sudden problem when just a week ago it was printing 2-sided without issue.  How do we suddenly have a "hardware problem" now?  Incredibly frustrating!  Have so many cartridges left, we have treated this printer like gold for years, annoying!  I was going around promoting Canon printers to colleagues just a few months ago, now??  Fuhgeddaboudit!

Announcements