cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS6420a, won't print online things, claims the printer is disconnected

TheBohab
Apprentice

I've got a new Pixma TS6420a, connected via a USB cable to my computer. It will print any file already on my computer with no problem, but when I try to print something online, I get the message "The printer is offline." Obviously, it isn't. When I run a diagnosis, I get the message "The printer where [sic] selected cannot be detected." I have no choice but to download files to my computer first, which doesn't always work. Suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, TheBohab!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and which applications you're trying to print from such as the browser you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Windows 10, with the Microsoft Edge browser.

Hi,

Please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings directly from the printer. Once it prints, check that the SSID in row 3-2-6, matches the network your computer is connected to. 

Also, make sure the IP address in row 3-2-12 starts with a 192 or 10 and let us know what the signal strength is in row 3-2-1

We look forward to your reply. 

DMM
Apprentice

Same thing. Tells me the printer is ready to print, but when I go to print and I go to the print page, it only shows my old printer, not my new Canon. It did copy, however. I would like to get this resolved without signing up for Best Buy Total Tech. I have Windows 11 and a USB connection.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

We will need more information to help you resolve this issue. Please reply with the answers to the following: 

• Did you connect your printer to your wifi network? 
  • Have you printed the network settings page using the steps used in a previous reply on this thread? 
  • What version of Windows or MacOS are you running? 
  • Did you install the printer driver or just add the printer to your computer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

DMM
Apprentice

I have a USB connection..followed the directions to disconnect and reconnect the cable to my Windows 11. It will now print, so I tried it with 2 recipes. Network settings page...is that the Windows Printer test page? I'm not that tech savvy, but I think the printer driver is installed...the test page seems to indicate that. All I know is that the thing is printing for which I'm grateful. I rarely scan anything, so have no idea how that works, and no idea what the other symbols mean, I miss the printed word instructions, but know where to find the info...I think. Hey, I'm 83. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

I have a Canon MF laser printer that used to refuse to print anything from a web browser. Had to download a screenshot of anything I wanted to print, then print it. 

I solved this problem by installing a USB Scan Patch in Canon Support for the printer. I installed it, even though its description has nothing to do with  the printing-from-web issue, and I'm not using a USB connection. Much to my surprise, this fixed the problem! I can't imagine why, but I didn't care. It worked.

Canon Support for your printer shows an "IJ Printer Assistant Tool Ver.1.70.4 (Windows)". Its description is vague, but maybe, just maybe, it will solve your issue. Can't hurt to try. Making sure you have the latest driver version is a good idea too.

Announcements