cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS3522 will not scan

Ed6
Apprentice

Hello

I had a Pixma TS3500 and it worked absolutely great for years.  It suddenly stopped scanning - - it printed just fine.  I did everything suggested.  Kept getting the message "Cannot communicate with scanner".  I decided what the heck and got a new Pixma TS3522 for a whopping $39.99.   It is doing exactly the same thing.

Can anyone suggest any possible solutions to this?

I thank anyone who reads and/or responds in advance.

Using Windows 10

Ed

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Ed!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and how your printer communicates with your computer (i.e. via Wi-Fi or via a USB cable). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  I am using Windows 10 and have tried both wireless and LAN hookup.

I downloaded the Windows Scan app and it communicates with the scanner fine.

but is much clumsier to use than the IJ Scan Utility.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks for responding.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

As a test, please try our free Canon print app on an Android or iOS mobile device. The app has a scanning feature and if there is no issue scanning from the app, then it looks like something on the computer is blocking IJ Scan Utility from communicating correctly. 

If that is the case and you are able to scan via the app, you would need to speak with Windows support to resolve the issue. You would just need to let them know, you can scan with the Canon print app and Windows app but not IJ Scan Utility. 

They should be able to narrow down the cause at that point and resolve it so the computer and IJ Scan Utility can communicate correctly. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ed6
Apprentice

Issue is now resolved with help of Canon Technical Support.  Missing driver.

Announcements