cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8622a is suddenly offline after working just fine

Racktree
Contributor

I have a brand-new Pixma TR8622a (my first Canon printer product).  I installed it successfully, printed several items from computer, phone, tablet, etc.  Two days later, the printer suddenly shows not connected.  I turned it off, unplugged it, plugged it back in, but still nothing.  The printer status shows that it has a good wifi connection; however, the Canon printer diagnostic tool (on my computer) says that there is no signal from the modem and recommends I move my modem closer.  For reference, my modem is less than ten feet from my computer/printer.  I am pretty good with electronics and this is making me very strongly consider returning this printer and going with a different brand.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Racktree,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please tap the Wi-Fi icon in the lower left corner of your printer's display

2.  Next, select Wi-Fi

3.  Select See settings

Is the name listed under Network name (SSID) the name of your Wi-Fi network?  If so, is your computer connected to that same network?

Please scroll down the list, what is listed under Signal Strength?  Is that number greater than 70%?

Below that, does the IPv4 address begin with 192.168.... or 10.0..... or does it begin with different numbers?  If it doe not begin with 192.168. or 10.10, what does it begin with?

If there is nothing listed next to SSID or the Signal Strength is blank, please follow these steps:

1.  Please tap the Wi-Fi icon in the lower left corner of your printer's display

2.  Next, select Wi-Fi

3.  Select Wi-Fi setup

4.  Select Manual connect

5.  Select your home's wireless network name from the list

6.  Tap "Please enter" to enable the onscreen keyboard and then enter your Wi-Fi password

7.  Tap OK once entered

Once reconnected, please follow the set of first steps again.  Does your Wi-Fi appear next to SSID now?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Racktree,

Please follow these steps:

2.  Next, select Wi-Fi

3.  Select See settings

Is the name listed under Network name (SSID) the name of your Wi-Fi network?  If so, is your computer connected to that same network?

Please scroll down the list, what is listed under Signal Strength?  Is that number greater than 70%?

Below that, does the IPv4 address begin with 192.168.... or 10.0..... or does it begin with different numbers?  If it doe not begin with 192.168. or 10.10, what does it begin with?

If there is nothing listed next to SSID or the Signal Strength is blank, please follow these steps:

2.  Next, select Wi-Fi

3.  Select Wi-Fi setup

4.  Select Manual connect

5.  Select your home's wireless network name from the list

6.  Tap "Please enter" to enable the onscreen keyboard and then enter your Wi-Fi password

7.  Tap OK once entered

Once reconnected, please follow the set of first steps again.  Does your Wi-Fi appear next to SSID now?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I spoke too soon.  My wifi strength is 68%, and when I reset the WIFI settings I have a IPv4 that starts with 192.168....I have no problems with my wifi strength anywhere in my house.  I have WIFI extenders everywhere and even get strong signal in the depths of my basement.  If this printer simply can't connect, then I'm going to have to go with a different product.  This is, as you can imagine, extremely frustrating.  I went away from HP because it couldn't Airprint, etc...I'm already very frustrated at Canon, and it's brand-new....

I have done this, it tells me it is connected to the wifi. but i cant get it to connect to my computer. Then when I try to connect to it with the Wifi Connection Assistant, and it wont even give me the choice to repair it. it sends me to Canon's website and lets me close the application.

Hi,

Since it tell you that it is connected, please perform the steps HERE to print the network settings. Is there a signal strength listed in row 3-2-1? 

Also, Please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address(Row 3-2-12) on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply. 

Racktree
Contributor

So there was no SSID, even though the signal strength was fine.  Any idea what would cause that so that I keep it from happening again?  Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Just to confirm, after you selected manual connect, did you network name appear or did you get a message about multiple networks detected? 

Also, if you would help in real time with this issue, please create or log in to your Canon Account to see your technical support options.

Can you send a link that will allow me to receive real time support?  The Canon website is not fun to navigate through.  The printer is only two weeks old...

The best way to get real-time support for your Canon printer is to call our support line.  You'll need to register your printer first and once you've done that, you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Our PIXMA support team is available Monday through Friday.

We look forward to your call!

Mine is registered, but still cant get support for it. I guess I will be going with Brother printers since I have 2 Canon printers that are glorified paperweights right now.

Announcements