cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 prints too dark

MamaWolf
Contributor

Good Morning, Folks. I am having trouble with my printables. I design printables in Paintshop Pro. I use a Cannon MX922. I am printing on Xerox 3R11458 Digital Color elite Gloss Cover Stock, 80 lb., White. Can someone tell me why my colors print so much darker than they look on my PC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MamaWolf,

There are many factors that go into matching the printout from your printer with the image on your monitor.

Factors such as monitor calibration and using correct ICC profile for the paper you are using contribute to this.

When using third party papers, the manuafacturer of the paper should be contacted to obtain their recommended printer settings for their paper.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MamaWolf,

There are many factors that go into matching the printout from your printer with the image on your monitor.

Factors such as monitor calibration and using correct ICC profile for the paper you are using contribute to this.

When using third party papers, the manuafacturer of the paper should be contacted to obtain their recommended printer settings for their paper.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Patrick. I did some poking around in the printer preferences & adjusted the color intensity & my prints turned out beautifully. I will definitely call Xerox. I never thought of that.

Announcements