cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Scans Too Light

michelr
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP610. When I scan a document, the result is much too light. I can use the MP NAvigator, open the scanner driver, set the darkness and contrast to make it darker, and scan, but for this I must go to the PC to start each scan with a couple of clicks which open and close various windows, then go to the printer to put the next page, etc., this is really not convenient.

When I use the printer's button, as it should be intended, to start each scan, I would like to have a correct scan as well. There is no way to adjust the scan settings from the printer menus, and the MP Navigator settings done using the "scanner driver" page apparently do not apply when I use the printer button.

I have seen here that several other model of Canon printer/scanner have the same problem.

What can I do ? Is it a systematic flaw of Canon scanners ? Are they designed to scan without any control from the used and without any possibility of calibration ? Is there even any registry I could tweak to make all scans darker in general ?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements