cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 is only printing outlines.

rrich3
Apprentice

My Pixma MX922 is only printing outlines. This is true for both fonts and shapes. I know this probably not a nozzle problem, but I did a nozzle check anyway. The PGBK grid did not print all. The rest of it regarding color was fine. Hope that's a clue.

firmware: "current version" shows 3.031   when I try to update it, it says I already have the latest version 3.041. Which is correct?

computer: Dell Inspiron 15, 64bit, OS: Windows 10

I tried printing from another Dell Inspiron 15, 64bit, OS: Windows 10 with the same result.

This happens with any document I try to print: .pdf, .docx, .jpg, .png

I updated the printer driver on my laptop and this did nothing.

Advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rrich3
Apprentice

Problem Solved. I didn't realize that PGBK was the acronym for the large black ink cartridge originally. Once I realized that, I cleaned the nozzles a couple times until the nozzle check pattern was OK. This solved the problem. Apparently, the outline of the font or shape is printed using the BK (small black) ink cartridge and then the font or shape is filled in using the PGBK (large black) ink cartridge. My PGBK nozzle was clogged.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rrich3
Apprentice

Problem Solved. I didn't realize that PGBK was the acronym for the large black ink cartridge originally. Once I realized that, I cleaned the nozzles a couple times until the nozzle check pattern was OK. This solved the problem. Apparently, the outline of the font or shape is printed using the BK (small black) ink cartridge and then the font or shape is filled in using the PGBK (large black) ink cartridge. My PGBK nozzle was clogged.

Danny

Hi, rrich3!  Thanks for contributing and posting your solution.  To date, Canon USA hasn't offered a printer with the model number MP920.  So that we can make sure your post helps the right people, can you please double-check your printer's model number?

Announcements