cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ix6820 printing only outlines

dibranzan
Contributor

Hello!

I have the Canon ix6820 printer and it's been lovely, except now it's been printing only outlines of letters and black objects.

I've replaced all of the ink, done a cleaning and a deep cleaning 3 times each, turned it back on and off, and it's still printing just the outlines. I've printed the printer alignment page and it looks strange (? - see attached) but I don't know how to fix it. I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like.

If anyone could help me I would deeply appreciate it. I am using Windows 11 and printing from Adobe Acrobat, but also tried printing straight from Chrome and Photoshop with the same results.

IMG_7879.jpgIMG_7870.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You said you ran cleaning cycles, but did you print a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, thank you John! I did print a nozzle check, yes.

IMG_7884.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Nozzle check looks good. Can you try a different item to print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sure, I tried printing another item, again missing the black (it's supposed to look like the top picture). 

If I try to print a normal document that's black-and-white, it just comes out blank.

IMG_7886.jpgIMG_7885.jpg

I did a little more digging. Actually, your nozzle check is missing the the PGBK nozzle pattern. 

IMG_1777.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Oh wow okay, thank you!

I just replaced the PGBK ink yesterday. Do you happen to know how do I go about fixing this?

Check that all the wrapping is removed from the cartridge. Especially on top. If that doesn’t resolve give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks so much John!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements