cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX822 error code B200

candyceanderson
Apprentice

My Pixma MX822 printer recently stopped working due to the error code B200. It was working fine. There must be a fix! Canon no longer supports this printer. I have power cycled the printer a few times. Does any one know of a fix?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

Unfortunately Canon doesn't have a downloadable PDF of this printer's user manual.  And I didn't want to mess with installing one via their installer.  You can install the manual if you don't already have a copy it by downloading the installer at the Pixma MX822 Support Site.

I have a feeling though that code B200 may be outlined in the manual as "contact support" (i.e. not something that a user of the printer could do).

Still worth checking the manual though for specifics on that error code.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is typically the printhead or internal communication failure.  Printheads can be costly, and if that's the not problem, you could be out this expense.  Please consider that the printer is 12 yrs old.  Replacement might be the safest option.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, candyceanderson!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  To date, Canon USA hasn't produced a printer with the model number "MX822."  We have, however, produced printers with similar model numbers such as the PIXMA MX922 and the PIXMA MX882. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements