cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

thank you! do you make it stop cycling so you can update?

How do you make it stop cycling soyou can do that

Turn off your printer (if it's not already off!). Turn off or unplug your router so you have no wifi. Turn the printer on. It will cycle like it usually does and then stay on. 

I didn't do anything with the firmware update. I did download it to my computer desktop but haven't tried installing the firmware on the printer yet. Since doing the DNS fix, my printer is working fine. 

gotcha, but how did you do the DNS fix?  how did you get the printer to stop cyclig?  I cant get into the tool kit to do DNS.  printer just keeps cycling when i have wifi on

Did you turn off the wifi? Unplug your router. Wait a minute and turn on your printer. It should turn on and stay on.

it is updating, i think!  how long did it take for your printer?  Thank you so much  So far so good!

I didn't do the firmware update, just the DNS number change. 

Mike7 need help!  I do not have a laptop, only ipad and cell phone.  i was able to borrow laptop does printer need to be installed to do this patch?  i tried applying patch without installing and am able to download but it is not letting me create temp file and the printer utility is no where to be found.  is there a solution for customers that do not have a PC, and only have Ipad or mobile phone?  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Of you're trying to get your printer operational on wifi, use the work around of changing the printer DNS number. Once done, reconnect to your wifi and you'll be able to print as usual. I don't know how to help you with the firmware dilemma you have. 

Announcements