I bought this thing about 2 years ago, ran out of ink about 18 months ago, and have not replaced the ink because this problem was so bad.
Do others face the same issue? Is there a solution? I would say about 75% of the time it either would claim it was out of paper when it was not (I would test with a few pages to 30 pages no difference) or it would grab more than one and screw up my entire print job.
Currently I'm using a HP printer from 2003 that still works great but it requires me plugging in - if there is a solution to this issue I'd happily try to get a wireless setup.
Thoughts appreciated. Else I might as well donate this thing as it takes up a ton of space and serves zero purpose right now.
Please use the following steps to resolve the paper feed issue on the PIXMA MX432:
1. Check the paper output area (front side of the unit) for jammed paper and to confirm the output tray is not obstructing the paper as it exits the MX432.
2. If no paper is jammed at the front of the unit and paper still does not feed, press the ON/OFF button to power off the MX432.
3. Remove all paper from the unit.
4. With a bright light, please verify there are no obstructions in the paper path. Obstructions should include loose items such as plastic, styrofoam, or torn paper.
5. Lift up on the Operators Panel to open the cover to the printer. The ink should move to the left hand side.
6. Now, check inside the print area for any paper that may have jammed inside the unit.
7. If paper is jammed inside the unit, gently gather the paper to the center of the opening and then remove it.
8. Close the top cover, reload paper on the multi-purpose tray.
9. Press ON/OFF to power on the MX432.
10. If the Alarm light remains on after powering up the MX432, open the cover again.
11. Remove each cartridge.
12. Unplug the power cord from the back of the PIXMA MX432.
13. Reconnect the power cord and turn the unit on.
14. Reinsert the cartridges.
15. After the cartridges have been reseated, close the cover.
16. Fan a new stack of paper then try to print again.
If the issue persists, please perform a roller cleaning:
1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on Printers.
3. Right click the PIXMA MX432 and left click on Printing Preferences.
4. Click on the Maintenance tab.
5. Click on the Roller Cleaning button.
6. Remove all sheets of paper from the auto sheet feeder.
7. Confirm the message giving, and click 'OK'.
Note: Clicking 'OK' will activate the paper feed rollers. This activation will take about 90 seconds. Do not perform other operations until this operation has finished.
8. Confirm the message given, and click 'OK' again. After the continuous paper feeding operations have finished, load three sheets of plain paper and click 'OK'.
9. Confirm the message given, and click 'OK'.
10. Click 'OK'. Roller Cleaning is completed.
Try to print. If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the following link:
Since the printer was retired in January 2018, it is not possible to replace the rollers on the MX432.
In appreciation of your continued loyalty, we understand your immediate needs, and would like to offer you our Canon Upgrade Program.
This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
As mentioned in the post above, for the Canon Upgrade Program, you will need to reach out to our phone sales team at 1-800-385-2155 and let them know your situation. They will then go over your options with you. This is the only way to take advantage of the Canon Upgrade Program. They are available Monday through Saturday from 9am to 9pm (ET).
This offer is only available in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, you will need to reach out to Canon in your country or region to discuss options that may be available to you.