cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7520 turns on but shuts off before I can access menu

leafstar
Apprentice

My Canon MG7520 was working perfectly until yesterday. It kept shutting itself off yesterday. Today it would start the process of turning on, but turn off before it would get to the menu. I know it's getting older, but it's worked so well until now. Is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions HERE.  Just click where it says "Software & Drivers" to get started.

[Link updated.]

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78

chingching
Apprentice

Same problem.My Canon MG6620 was working perfectly several days before. It kept shutting itself off 5/31/2022. Today it would start the process of turning on, but turn off before it would get to the menu. Reset later,display shows the power was not  turned off corrcetly the last time ..and then turned off itself again and again

How did you reset?

I have the same printer and love it! I didn’t try it yesterday, but it’s doing the same exact thing to me today!

Exact same thing happened to me.  If I unplug my internet and wifi I am able to turn printer on and can print via usb. If I plug wifi and internet back in print shuts off and will not turn back on. I shut my wifi setting off in the printer so it can not automatically connect. This is a work around for now. I believe Canon definitely is doing something via internet with their printers.

I did this work around today, I turned my wifi off, disabled LAN, and now my MG 6620 printer turns on and stays on. But I’ll have to clear space on the desk so we can hook it up to the computer to use it 

Exact same thing happened to me.  If I unplug my internet and wifi I am able to turn printer on and can print via usb. If I plug wifi and internet back in print shuts off and will not turn back on. I shut my wifi setting off in the printer so it can not automatically connect. This is a work around for now. Canon definitely is doing something via internet with their printers.

How do you turn the Wi-Fi off in the printer?? Mine won’t stay on long enough for me to get to the settings…

I literally unplugged my router and wifi boxes out of the wall and then turned my printer on and reset it then plugged my router and wifi boxes back in. 

Yep..I just turned off my wifi at wireless router. With that the power stayed on and I could do the firmware upgrade. Canon should state up front this is a problem associated with wifi connection to the internet and to disable wifi before attempting the firmware upgrade. Canon makes a good printer but support is weak.

Announcements