cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3620 - Printer often ejects a blank page without even trying to print

sfamily
Apprentice

This happens from both my wife's Iphone, and from my ubuntu desktop computer.

It used to only happen for PDFs, and we would have to save them as an image, or else figure out which browser might work.

But it seems like now everything has stopped working.  Every attempt at printing just ejects a blank page (without attempting to print).

The only exception to this is the Test Page.  The test page works fine.

Please help.  I've wasted SOOOOOOOO much time on this.

NOTE: After a failed attempt at printing, the error light is flashing twice, which is the out-of-paper error, which makes no sense because the paper is full.

NOTE 2: After a failed attempts, which I cancel the print job, the "Printer State" shows up as "Idle - Unable to cancel print job."

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sfamily,

Please remove all of the paper from your PIXMA MG3620 and turn your printer off.

Wait a minute and then turn your PIXMA MG3620 back on.  Is the error light off and power light steady?

If so, please load letter size (8.5" x 11") into your printer and hold down the hold down the STOP button until the Error light blinks 1 time, then release it immediately.

A test page will print.

Did a black grid print to the right of |BK| at the top of the page?

Below that, did 2 blue, 2 pink and 2 yellow bars print?

o_main020.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

sfamily
Apprentice

Thank you so much for the reply.

> Wait a minute and then turn your PIXMA MG3620 back on. Is the error light off and power light steady?

Yes

> Did a black grid print to the right of |BK| at the top of the page?

Yes

> Below that, did 2 blue, 2 pink and 2 yellow bars print?

Yes

20220726_181852.jpg

Hi,

What version of Windows PC are you running? If it is not running Windows are you running Linux? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Linux.  Ubuntu 20.04.04 LTC

Today, I tried to print a four page .pdf.  Two pages printed, then it ejected the third page, blank, and threw an error.

Then I tried to print pages 3, and 4 - and it ejected a paper without printing.

Then I tried to print the whole document, it it would print page 1, and then eject a paper and throw and error.

This has been typical.  I have to try again and again until it works.  I spend 30-minutes, trying to print a single document.

ps - similar error's happen when we try to print from an iphone

Hi,

When printing documents if you are using AirPrint on the iPhone, try using the Canon print inkjet selphy app. You would need to save the pdf or document on your phone and then try printing from the app to see if that makes a difference. 

As far as the computer goes, there are no drivers for the Linux OS so there is no settings we can really adjust there as far as driver settings. 

Let us know if the you were able to print from the app. 

How about Android?  What's the preferred way of printing from Android?

Also, can you recommend a printer compatible with Linux?

Announcements