cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2520 Crashing Windows 11 PC on connection/power-on

jbmakela
Apprentice

Whenever I power up my Pixma MG2520, it immediately causes my PC to crash and restart (Blue screen of death--Windows has encountered an unexpected error and needs to restart). The PC will not successfully boot up again until I have powered down or disconnected the printer from the system. I have completely removed all drivers, then rebooted the PC and downloaded new drivers from the Canon website, and the same issue still occurs. It occurs even when all other peripheral connections are removed from the PC. I've noticed this happening for about 3 days now (since 3/16/23), I'm not sure if it correlated with a Windows update or not, but I have definitely successfully used this printer with this PC running Windows 11 several times before.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like you are having an issue with your windows OS.  It just happens to be manifesting itself with the printer.

Might be the cable, a USB port or something you have in between if you are using a hub or adapter, etc.

If you don't know what the error is, I'd suggest reviewing the System Event Viewer.

Start Menu > Computer Management > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System

Look for an entry where its date and time correlates to a unexpected restart.

This might give you further insight into the problem.

shadowsports_0-1679170670763.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements