cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 2520 to Android Tablet

annaflynn
Apprentice

I’m trying to help out a friend who owns a Canon Pixma MG 2520. She needs her son to be able to print from his Visual Land Prestige Android tablet for his school. I know that her printer does not have wireless capability. If she were to purchase USB B male to USB 2.0 A female adapter (like this LINK REMOVED) and connect the printer to the tablet via its usb cable, would she be able to print? I don’t want to have her spend time and money trying something if it’s not going to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike
Unfortunately, that adapter will not work. But if she has a computer connected to the printer, her son could email it to himself and then open and print from the computer. If no computer is connected, she'd need to get a WiFI capable printer (assuming she has WiFI).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mike
Unfortunately, that adapter will not work. But if she has a computer connected to the printer, her son could email it to himself and then open and print from the computer. If no computer is connected, she'd need to get a WiFI capable printer (assuming she has WiFI).

annaflynn
Apprentice
Okay, that’s what I was afraid of. Unfortunately when she bought it, she was told that it had wireless capabilities.

Thanks for the help!
Announcements