cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G7020 printing really slow

brusk
Apprentice

I've had the printer for about 4 years and not had any problems. A few weeks ago I noticed it wasn't printing very good and the ink levels were getting about 20%. I filled them all up, ran a deep clean and a few other options and seemed to be printing but very slow. I can't see what it's doing but it sounds like a line print, long pause, paper feed to the next line, long pause, print the line, and repeat. It sounds like the actual print portion is quick but it's like it doesn't know what the next step is. Not sure where to go from here.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, brusk!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof), which applications you're printing from, and whether your printer communicates with your computer via Wi-Fi or a USB cable. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

brusk
Apprentice

after doing some testing it looks like it prints fine from our Apple phones but slow as can be from both Windows PC and Laptop. At this point it really doesn't matter as the quality of the print looks like crap. I was hoping the Canon printer was the way to go to save money on Ink. I still haven't put in the 3rd bottle of black that the printer came with no not sure if I saved money over the typical HP I used in the past. Can't say I'd recommend the Cannon as it is now quite problematic after 3.5 years of ownership and only two bottles of black, and 1 set of colors ran through it.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Is the print quality bad when you print from the phone as well? Do you have a copy of the nozzle check from the printer that you can attach to your next reply? 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

It initially looked good after running the nozzle check, deep clean, inkwell refill, nozzle check. It's printed about 5 pages and then got really light again. That's where my troubleshooting ends. I had to decide on packing it for a move or throwing it away. It went in the trash can.

Announcements