cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos are not being printed as expected (from Mac OS)

dbe
Apprentice

I have a Canon PIXMA MX410, running Mac OS 10.6.

So far, regular printing has been fine, but I recently started printing photos onto 4x6 photo paper, and I'm having trouble.  The two programs I'm using are Gimp (GNU image software) and Preview.  Gimp is cropping the photo.  As in, the outer ~5% of the photo is missing from the page after printing.  This ninja-cropping is not seen in the print preview.  I tried instead using Preview to print, and it prints the entire photo, but the colors are off.  This is true whether or not I use ColorSync, or the Canon color profile.

Now, the reason I'm asking here, is because I borrowed a friends printer (an Epson XP-400) and it prints perfectly from both Gimp and from Preview.  So I can only conclude that the issue is either the Canon printer, OR the print driver.

I am happy priting from either of these programs, but I need to solve one of these problems.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello dbe.

Please check to see if a borderless paper size has been selected before printing.

If borderless printing is enabled, you may experience a cut off on the outside areas of the image.  This is the only way that an edge to edge bleed can be done. 

To retain the entire image, the bordered option would have to be used for printing.

Please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements