cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA mx922 scan options don't show in main menu

DaveTheRave
Apprentice

On my PIXMA MX922 main menu on my laptop screen, the SCAN bar is empty, no options for any kind of scan. However, on my PC screen, the Quick Menu and Main Menu work fine, I have full scan and print options. The PC, laptop and printer are all on my home wireless network. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the printer drivers and software on the laptop (except Image Garden, which I don't think is required), the SCAN bar is still empty. I'm stumped. Anyone else had or solved this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hello, DaveTheRave!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks, Tara. I'm running Windows 8.1 on both the PC and the laptop. The Canon main menu and quick menu have always worked fine on my Dell XPS PC, but on this ACER laptop, no scan options show up in the scan bar on the Main menu. Ideas?

Hello.

Please try using the IJ Scan Utility program to scan with the unit.  This is the program that was included with the unit that controls the scanner.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Michael. I talked on the phone with Canon support and Blythe there was able to get the IJ scan utility on the laptop to connect with the pixma mx922 wirelessly, so at least we can now scan with it, but mysteriously, it still won't show in the Canon main menu. It's a separate icon now on the taskbar. So the issue is no longer urgent because it's functional, but someday I'd like to figure out how to get it into that "Scan" bar on the main menu (which is empty on the laptop, while on my PC it's properly filled with the various scan options for docs, photos, etc). We tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, to no avail.

Announcements