cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 Needs to print 12x18 Inches

TheRoyalAmulet
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA iP8720 that I need to print 12x18 Inches. Nothing I do helps.

My drivers are up to date. I've also followed the instructions that I received from Canon Support, but they do nothing when I try to save the size I need. Adding a custom size under the printer drivers doesn't help either. 

I also have tried using the printing software they said I needed to download, and that doesn't seem to do a thing when it comes to needing to add a custome size sheet - I'm stuck having to select a pre-installed size. 

If anyone can help here it would be great as I'm at a pop up and need to print new sheets out. I'm not wanting to go to a 24 hour print shop and pay an arm and a leg - that's why I bought the printer. 

HELP

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you mean you want to print a 12x18 image on 13x19 paper? You can do that by setting a 0.5 inch margin all around. I do that all the time with my Pro-100. You need to select A3+ paper, not the fine art option that will impose a larger margin to avoid head strikes.

If this isn't what you want to do please explain in greater detail.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No, I want to print on paper sized 12x18, 9x12, and 14x11. 

In the end, I think I am going to have to return this printer to BestBuy as the person who sold it to me said it would print those exact sizes. 

If you are trying to print borderless you can't. Canon printers won't print borderless on custom paper sizes. If you just want to print a standard image on custom size paper the driver should let you do that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I must be missing something. When I go into the driver to create the size I need, I never see it on the printer pop-up for sizes. I'm at a loss for how to make this happen. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you on a Windows computer? See this:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : iP8700 series : Setting Paper Dimensions (Custom Size)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements