cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip8720 minimum paper height in custom paper sizes

susanjp
Apprentice

Using ip8720, when I set the height to 4.25 in Custom Paper Size the image does not print correctly. If I let the printer set the margins, I get the message "The paper size limits as defined by the PPD are a minimum height of 5 inches..."  If I set the margins mysself (to 0) partof the image is printed in one corner,  Is there no way to print with a paper height of 4.25 inches?  I could do this with my older Canon printer. The reason I need this size is that I am trying to print a photograph only on the bottom half of paper that is actually 5.5 wide by 8.5 high. I need it only on the bottom so that I can then fold the paper to make a card with the image on the front-- thus 4.25 widthx 5.5 height will not work in this case...the height has to be 4.25 and the width 5.5 inches. Thank you for any ideas you may have. (I'm using an iMac).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The minimum supported size is 3.5 inches wide by 5 inches high.  If the height is specified as something smaller than 5 inches it will not print to prevent paper jams or feeding issues in the event that the paper is actually smaller than 5 inches high.

If additional information is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The minimum supported size is 3.5 inches wide by 5 inches high.  If the height is specified as something smaller than 5 inches it will not print to prevent paper jams or feeding issues in the event that the paper is actually smaller than 5 inches high.

If additional information is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

susanjp
Apprentice
Thank You. I was able to print the card image on the bottom half of a 5.5 x 8.5 paper by setting the paper size to 5 x 5.5 and setting one of the unprintable margins .9 inches. That accomplished what I was trying to do. Thank you for your help.

KenQ
Apprentice

Susan,

Could you kindly help me understand how you did that? I have a Canon Imagerunner 3530. I'm trying to do the same thing you did. I set paper size to 5.5x8.5, but the printer somehow adds its own margins to the file which looks perfect in my document is offset and half of it is missing in the print out.

You would expect that if you set the custom paper size, the printer would follow the margins and print the document sent to it for that paper size.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements