How can I print only using the PGBK cartridge on my MacBook running Monterey? I rarely print in color, but both my BK cartridge and all of the color cartridges are running out, and the PGBK is full. It also prints pretty slowly for printing only black text, so I think it's acting like I'm printing pictures. Basically I would like the printer to act as a black and white printer only. The printer is a Pixma TS 8222.
See if your printer has this option:
If your PIXMA TS8222 is printing slowly and not using the PBGK ink, that would indicate that a photo paper is selected and not plain paper.
To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click one time on the Canon printer on the left side and then click the [-] at the bottom to remove it.
Once removed, please go to your printer:
1. From the main menu, tap the gear icon at the bottom of the printer's display.
2. Tap Feed settings.
3. Tap Rear tray paper settings.
4. Tap Change. Select Letter. Select Plain paper from the top of the list.
5. Tap Yes and then OK.
6. Tap Cassette paper settings.
7. Tap Change. Select Letter.
8. Tap Yes.
9. Tap the Home icon in the upper left corner.
Back on your computer, please follow these steps:
1. In the Printers window, click on the [+] in the lower left.
2. In the Add Printer window, select the Canon TS8200 series and click Add.
Once the printer is reinstalled, please attempt to print.