cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 HP computer will not let me download driver

NanaLulu
Contributor

I have an HP computer with Windows 10. I bought a Pixma TS3522 Wireless for my ministry. My computer will let me download the software and driver however when I go to open the folder I get the following message stating

"the app that you are trying to install isn't a Microsoft - verified app."

Installing apps fomr the Store helps protect your PC and keep in running smoothly

Get app from store --Change my app recommendation settings

When I do that. I get nothing. No where to change settings. How can I by pass this. I have been trying for days? 

The printer is downloaded and I can print however I cannot find the printer on my computer for anything else. 

Please help! If any one knows  what to do!!

Thank you so very much!

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This message probably means your Windows OS is running in Windows S Mode.  You'll need to remove this protection mode to install 3rd party apps.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. 
How do I do that

Thank you for your assistance!  How do I check for this and change it?

Sorry for my ignorance. 

NanaLulu
Contributor

Shadowspots!!  How do I do that?

Thanks for joining the conversation, NanaLulu!

While this community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter, it isn't designed to be a real-time chat. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options which may get you results faster.

Thanks and have a great day!

I already did that! 

I figured it our myself with no help from Canon!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good Morning,

First determine if your computer is running in S mode.

Start Menu > Settings > System > About

or

Start Menu > run command > type "winver" and press OK

shadowsports_0-1705416132592.png

It will look similar to this:

shadowsports_0-1705426865179.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

You downloaded the driver from  Canon Support, right?

You are seeing the bult-in protection Windows 10 and 11 have to prevent installation of defective or rogue drivers that can damage your system. Windows is telling you that the driver does not pass its Driver Signature Enforcement examination. This can happen with illegitimate driver files, but it CAN happen with legit ones downloaded from Canon.

What you need to do is boot the computer with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled so Windows will allow the driver to install. Do a Web search for "Starting Windows 10 with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled". You will get numerous articles telling how to do it.

When you reboot the computer after installing the driver, D-S-E will be turned back on.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements