cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a Scanning from PC Yields a Blank Page, Doesn't Use ADF

jmfstrat48
Apprentice

I can SCAN from the printer (TR8620A) display to my pc without any difficulty using the autofeed on the printer. However, when I try to scan from my pc the autofeed does not engage. Scangear shows it is scanning, but you get a blank page as a result. It worked b4, but now with windows11 it does not scan from the PC. I've restarted the computer (and PC) and downloaded the scanner drivers again....without success. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jmfstrat48,

With the IJ Scan Utility open, please click on the Settings button in the lower right corner.

ijsu.png

On the left side, click on Document Scan.

su034.gif

At the top of the right side, next to Source Type, choose "Document (ADF Simplex)" from the drop down list.

Once selected, click on OK at the bottom, insert your document into the automatic document feeder and click on the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility to begin scanning.

More information can be viewed in the manual using this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TR8600%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su-004.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements