cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a Poor photo scans

TrudyP
Apprentice

My printer/scanner prints beautiful photos from images already saved on my computer or directly printing from a photo on the glass; however, when I try to scan the image to my laptop to view or print, the image is not clear on the monitor and the photo does not print clearly. I have tried adjusting the resolution, but that hasn't seemed to help. I have also tried adjusting the brightness and clarity.

The top photo is a photo of the picture I printed straight from a photo placed on the glass. The last image is that photo how it appears and prints if I scan it to my laptop. The image on the left of the middle picture is from a scan that I then printed, while the one of the right was printed straight from a image on my laptop.

What is making the difference when I scan to my computer? How do I adjust for that?

Thanks!

Pic of print of E's grandparents.jpgPrinting vs. Scanning.jpgScan of E's grandparents.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, TrudyP!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon printer model you're using, exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof), and which applications you're using to scan. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a Canon Pixma TR8620a. My operating system is Windows 10 home. I have tried using both Canon Inkjet Print Utility and Microsoft Scan. I'm not sure what other information to include but will gladly answer any questions. 

I don't see any reference to "brightness" in the TR8620a user manual, but am wondering if there's any setting in Canon Inkjet Print Utility or Microsoft Scan where you could adjust brightness and/or contrast?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a TR-8620a printer connected to a Windows 10 computer.

I just ran a test.

1. Using the Canon IJ Scan Utility I scanned a photo to my desktop. My settings were:

To Computer.jpg

Resolution was set to 600 dpi.

The on-computer image was essentially a reproduction of the original image.

2. I opened and printed the image using free software Faststone Image Viewer.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 144139.jpg

The printed image was essentially a duplicate of the original photo.

What software are you using to view and print the scanned file?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I think just the Canon utility or Windows. I will try the FastStone software. Thank you!!!

Announcements