cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620 Paper Size Selection

JimCary
Contributor

Is there a way of have the printer print on whatever paper I put in there?  The predecessor to the 8620 would print regardless of the paper size specified on the document.  But this one demands an exact match, which sometimes is very difficult.  Is there a way to just tell the printer to print what I have sent you without checking the size?

Sometimes things are just too smart!

Jim

[Personal email removed per forum guidelines to protect privacy.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As a test I enabled detection at the printer. At the PC I opened the Assistant and selected disable. Went back to the printer and now the red box was around Enable, so I am assuming t it was disabled when I had the PC send settings to printer.   

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Use the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool:

Screenshot 2022-12-14 123040.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-14 123128.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

JimCary
Contributor

This is a real dumb question, but where do I find the Printer Assistant Tool?  I searched on my Mac and find no record of it.  When I search on the Canon website I find references to it for use under windows but not iOs.

Even though I use both systems, my “daily drive” is a PC. 

For a Mac you will need to use the printer LCD. 

1. Touch Home icon to get to the main selection screen. 

2 Touch Gear icon. 

3. Touch Page Option icon. Selection will be there. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

JimCary
Contributor

John.  Thanks.  I have both a PC and a Mac on my network which both use this printer.  Will this change stay with the printer or will I have to make a change on the PC as well?

Jim

As a test I enabled detection at the printer. At the PC I opened the Assistant and selected disable. Went back to the printer and now the red box was around Enable, so I am assuming t it was disabled when I had the PC send settings to printer.   

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements