cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 Print is really light for T-shirt printing

jstark
Apprentice

Hello,

I am trying to do a t-shirt printing with my Canon TR8520.  The printer prints fine when doing regular printing.

However, when trying to do a t-shirt printing, the printer prints really light. Almost a pink color.  I went into printer settings and manually set the black as dark as I could. This didn't help. What else can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do you mean you are trying to print T-shirt TRANSFERS? How are you doing it?

I am setting up the printer for t-shirt printing as per Canon instructions. However, the printer isn't printing a dark black, it is printing very light black. However, when I print in regular mood, like a letter, it prints perfectly.

@jstark wrote:

I am setting up the printer for t-shirt printing as per Canon instructions. However, the printer isn't printing a dark black, it is printing very light black. However, when I print in regular mood, like a letter, it prints perfectly.

When printing text, like a letter, the printer uses the pigment ink black cartridge.

For all other printing it uses the dye ink black cartridge.

Run a nozzle check and verify if all your cartridges are printing correctly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I thought of that after I wrote the post.  Thank you.

normadel
Authority
Authority

The color you see on a transfer is not exactly what it shows up as on the shirt.  Have you done any testing of printing and transferring?

Announcements