cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020a Scanning help?

heardetal
Apprentice

I am so disappointed in the "scanning" feature of this PIXMA TR7020a. Can anyone tell me where I get the software for this?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi heardetal,

Where are you attempt to scan?  From a computer or mobile device?

If using a mobile device, as long as your PIXMA TR7020a is connected to your network, the mobile device can use the Canon PRINT Inkjet/ SELPHY app to scan.

If you are using a computer, what operating system is installed on it?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

heardetal
Apprentice

Hi Patrick,

I have a typical Lenovo laptop running Win 10. I can print just fine, but I see nothing in the Menu regarding scanning. The online manual has all sorts of information regarding how to scan, but I can't find a reliable source for the software to load on my laptop. The Microsoft download functionality is dismal and won't download. What am I doing wrong? 

Hi heardetal,

Are you using your PIXMA TR7022a wirelessly?
Or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

heardetal
Apprentice

Hey Patrick,

I was operating wirelessly, but just now connected via USB. I'm not sure if that was the difference, but I can see both the IJ Scan Utility as well as the IJ Assistant Printer Tool software on my computer. All is well!

Many thanks 🙂

James

Asphyxia8
Apprentice

Hi there,

While I am indeed happy to hear that James is all set, I am still wondering if scanning on this device is available -- or should be available -- wirelessly, or if a USB connection is in fact required?  Please advise when you have a moment.  

Many thanks. 

A-8

Announcements