cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 Won't Recognize Ink Cartridges

Melevinc99
Apprentice

I just bought a TR4720 printer. I followed all the directions. I have installed the ink cartridges as told but the printer keeps telling me to “install the ink cartridges and close the cover.” I can’t move beyond this step. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried reinstalling the cartridges about a 100 times. 

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have removed all the orange tape and the ink is still not detected, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your service options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

c123123
Apprentice

I'm sure it's too late of a response for the OP to take advantage of this, but I had a similar issue and discovered the problem, so I'm posting this for anyone else that has the issue.

Installing the Ink has 3 steps:  1) Push down the blue bar to expose the ink cartridge, 2) Install the ink cartridge, and 3) push the blue bar back up. 

What appears to go wrong is that after step #3, the blue bar doesn't properly put the ink cartridge into place, and as such the connection between the cartridge and printer isn't established. 

To solve:  After you have competed the third step (and the blue bar is up) wiggle your finger towards the top of the ink cartridge and push the cartridge down.  You shouldn't have to force it - push lightly until the cartridge is obviously snug in its housing.   You can now close the cover tray and the printer should now work.

I get that this is a "budget" printer, but Canon could have used better parts.

May have been too late for the original poster but you have saved my sanity! Thank you!!!

I tried pressing down, but the space above the cartridge is so tight I can't even fit my finger onto the top of it. I tried using a flat blade to press down, but that didn't help either. 

Perfect! I heard the little beep and then the printer continued to move forward just like the documentation said it would. Really appreciate this post. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements