Ds-1
Contributor

Print Head will not align

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Does an error code appear when you try the alignment? Also, if you have tried a nozzle cleaning and printed a nozzle check, please attach it to your reply here. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Yes I did try a nozzle cleaning and printed a nozzle check. Also a manual alignment procedure. No luck. It's funny it happened suddenly. 

Do you think there's hope for it?

Thank you

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Could you attach a picture of your nozzle check? This would help us troubleshoot further. 

We look forward to your reply. 

PXL_20221118_174031949.jpg

 hope this helps!

PXL_20221118_175658866.jpg

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Thanks for adding the pictures. Based on the nozzle check, the ink is not flowing correctly.

You can try another deep cleaning of the printer ink but if that does not resolve the issue, the printer would require service.

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the information. I should have waited, but I already purchased an upgrade and did register it. I purchased a Cannon TR8622a. I'm sorry I missed the discount. Could you give me a set of ink since I missed the discount? I was really happy with my old printer and that's why I replaced it with another Cannon product.

Please let me know and thank you for the assistance.

Dave

Arthur,

I am having the same type of issue with my TR4520. One day early this year my wive was printing and got an alert (doesn't remember what it was exactly) and it hasn't printed well since. Ive gone thru every "cleaning" option in the Maintenance menu to no avail. My info prints are attached. Should I send it in for replacement?

align numbers.JPGNozzle check.JPG

Announcements