cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Printing Blank Pages

Volunteer81
Apprentice

Looking for help with my MX922 Printer. Has been working without issue for years, but a couple of days ago, stopped printing. There are no error codes, and everything else functions (scanner, paper feed, wireless lan, USB connection). When I send something to print (whether wireless, USB or copy), the printer responds, loads the paper, sounds like it is printing, but a blank page emerges.

Have tried cleaning, deep cleaning, replacing ink cartridges, cleaning the print head, reset the printer via the control panel, and I even swapped out the print head with one from a second (working) MX922, but still no ink is applied to the paper.

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have already done all of the steps we would have recommended to resolve the issue. The printer is most likely dealing with a internal hardware issue and would require service. 

Since the printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have already done all of the steps we would have recommended to resolve the issue. The printer is most likely dealing with a internal hardware issue and would require service. 

Since the printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This line is not open until 9pm. It's open until 6pm Eastern. 

So what you're saying is that we're pretty much screwed with our current printer and to go ahead and buy a new one from you guys at a discounted price? Every time the printer stop printing out ink, just spend more money and buy a new one? Was that a joke?

@tran209 wrote:

So what you're saying is that we're pretty much screwed with our current printer and to go ahead and buy a new one from you guys at a discounted price? Every time the printer stop printing out ink, just spend more money and buy a new one? Was that a joke?

The MX922 was released over 10 yrs ago.  Its been retired.  Canon typically supports its product for about 10 years.  This is not an unreasonable amount of time and is no different from most manufacturers.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

DJenkins
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem with my TS8320. I bought the printer 2-3 years ago, but have barely used it. It's hard to hear that I'd have to buy a new one. 

@DJenkins wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem with my TS8320. I bought the printer 2-3 years ago, but have barely used it. It's hard to hear that I'd have to buy a new one. 

No one is suggesting that you do.  However, since your printer is a different model, newer and still supported, I suggest you start a new thread.  It should include the model of your Canon product (TS8320).  The operating system version and build you are using it with, what its connected to and how, as well as any troubleshooting steps or error messages you have observed or taken.  Have you performed a nozzle test pattern, tried performing a cleaning operation, etc?  When was the last time it worked?  This is the type of information we need to try and help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements