cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Print is distorted and blurry

AJTOPGUN
Apprentice

HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY PIXMA MX922 PRINTER.

I currently have a Cannon MX922 printer, which has been a "work horse"; Unfortunately, I've recently discovered distortion with BOTH the text print or graphic printing, with an emphasis on the edges of the characters or the edges of the graphic.  Overall, the printing results are distorted and blurry.

I've performed maintenance on my printer, with a deep cleaning, nozzle check pattern, auto head alignment, and roller cleaning. When I print a standard text document, the characters, and the edges of the TEXT are distorted.  When I print a graphic/photo print, there are distortions also, however, it seems to be isolated to clarity and blurs with the edge of the images.

I would like to resolve these problems with my PIXMA MX922 printer and avoid it's replacement. 

I am looking at a CANNON PIXMA TR8620A printer for a possible replacement in case I can't resolve my problem.  I'm told my Pixma MX922 ink cartridges are universal and will work with the CANNON PIXMA TR8620A.  Is this TRUE???  I have ALOT of MX922 printer cartridges and don't want to lose all that investment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There are no “universal” cartridges. The MX922 uses 250 series and the TR8620a uses 280 series. I have a TR 8620a and it is a good all-in-one printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There are no “universal” cartridges. The MX922 uses 250 series and the TR8620a uses 280 series. I have a TR 8620a and it is a good all-in-one printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements