cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ix6820 Won't Print Custom Size

kthompson
Apprentice

I just bought the Pixma ix6820 and I'm trying to print a custom size (7x10). I update the size in my print drivers AND each time I click print in my photoshop softward (GIMP) but it continues to switch back to letter size 8.5x11 as soon as I click the final "print" button and that's how it prints out... so obviously my photo is not lined up and cut off on the side because the printer thinks it has 8.5x11 size paper. Anyone know how to solve this issue? 

2 REPLIES 2

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi K Thompson! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to use your PIXMA iX6820 to print on a custom size.

I see that you created a custom size for 7x10 inch paper, but the settings revert to letter size when using Adobe. It’s possible that the Adobe program is overriding the driver settings.

To troubleshoot, I recommend printing your image with a different program. For example, if you have a Mac computer, you can use the Preview program to print your image. If you have a Windows computer, try using a program like Paint, Photos, or Wordpad.

If you have a Windows computer, you’ll find instructions for creating a custom size in this section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/iX6800%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_print_custom.ht...

Should you have a Mac computer, please go to this section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/iX6800%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_print_custom.ht...

If you can print on a custom size with a different program, I recommend that you check the settings for Photoshop and make sure that it is not overriding the Canon Driver.

Should you continue to need help, please provide answers to the following questions:

• Are you able to print on a custom size when you use a program other than Adobe Photoshop?
  • What operating system is your computer running? (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 10, macOS Catalina Ver. 10.15)
  • Are you selecting Borderless printing?
  • What type of paper are you printing on?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the printer driver?

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

I have the same issue. I'm on Mac (Sonoma 14) and I am printing on a Pixma Pro 200.

I'm printing a 8x20 inch brochure from Adobe InDesign that requires me to use a custom sized paper (13x25). I created a custom paper size in the page set up dialogue box and used that for printing. After applying the custom paper size, it shows on InDesign as if everything is working properly. I have the document set to print at 100% size (No scaling). However, when I press print, it prints very small with no margins (starts printing from the edge of paper) even though I had the document centered for printing. Additionally, there are black, rough ink marks on the top and bottom of the document as if the printer thought that the page ended there.

All my drivers and firmware are up to date. I have also tried printing the document on other programs like Preview but I still get the same result. It is also worth mentioning that the printer works flawlessly when printing on any standard sized papers. The problem only occurs when trying to print on custom sized paper. I don't know what to do. Is there a solution to this issue yet?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements