cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX522 using the keypad for letters and numbers

william78
Apprentice

I need to use a password to log onto a wireless network which has letters and numbers. The letters are the easy part but how do you get the keypad on the printer to give numbers. The password is: abc261 (example only) they key pad does the "abc" part but how do I get it to add the number "261"? Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This might help

Press the SETUP button on your printer's control panel.
Using the arrows, select DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
Select LAN SETTINGS and press OK.
Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
If a message appears to press the WPS button, press STOP to cancel.
Select STANDARD SETUP from the next screen that appears and press OK.
Highlight your access point or router and press OK.
Press OK again to confirm the access point name.
Enter your passphrase using the keypad to the right.
At the screen where you enter your passphrase, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric entry mode. If you press the asterisk key (*) it will switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode. To enter a letter in either letter mode, you will press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters. For example: To enter a letter "c", you will press the "2" key three times.
Press OK when done.
The LCD screen will say "Connected" if the password is correct.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, that should fix it. I tried various keys but did not try the "*" to go from numbers to letters. 🙂

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

This might help

At the screen where you enter your passphrase, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric entry mode. If you press the asterisk key (*) it will switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode. To enter a letter in either letter mode, you will press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters. For example: To enter a letter "c", you will press the "2" key three times.
Press OK when done.
The LCD screen will say "Connected" if the password is correct.

Thank you that should fix it. I tried a lot of eys but missed the asterisk.

Announcements