cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX439 compatible with Windows 11?

jwgordon01
Apprentice

I purchased a new HP Pavillion running Windows 11.  When attempting to set up my PIXMA MX439 I receive an error that printer drivers cannot be found.  All searches thus far say the highest version for compatibility is Windows 10.  Is this true?  Does this render my printer inoperable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

The MX439 is retired and not compatible with Windows 11. Since the Windows 10 drivers did not work, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try the W10 driver with W11?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did install the W10 drivers and still no luck.  I will continue seeking a solution. 

Hi,

The MX439 is retired and not compatible with Windows 11. Since the Windows 10 drivers did not work, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jwgordon01
Apprentice

Thank you!  This information is very helpful!  Now I know the printer is not compatible with Windows 11.  

flarechick17
Apprentice

I got my printer to work with Windows 11 by doing a manual setup. It prints fine. My problem is that I can't get MP Navigator EX to work - I need an older version than what I have to try.

mjackson
Apprentice

Canon said that the printer would not work with Windows 11 and offered me the option to purchase a new printer. I was unwilling to purchase a new printer since mine functions perfectly. When I tried to print, I was trying to print via Wifi. Something told me to attach a printer cable. I successfully print from Windows 11 to MX439, using a cable. However, it doesn't seem to recognize the printer function wirelessly, but recognizes the scanner wirelessly.

flarechick17
Apprentice

mjackson, did you get your printer to scan without doing anything with the drivers? I can get mine to print wirelessly, but I can’t get the scanner to recognize. It prints fine with the court as well, but the same problem, I still can’t get the scanner to work. I’m also unwilling to buy a new printer when mine works just fine.

flarechick17, yes my scanner works. I downloaded the latest driver I can print wirelessly now.

Announcements