cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7720 error code 6000

dennism
Contributor

Not knowing how this board works, I entered the following in General Printers.

It should be here. Can a moderator fix it??

Basic question from a newby...

‎12-03-2020 03:46 PM

I have a PIXMA MG7720. I've used it since 6/17, with no problems. I'm not a heavy printer user

The other day, out of the blue, I got Support code 1256, and it tells me to open the paper output tray - it never needed that before, just opened the tray automatically when printing. When I do this, it says "an error has occurred", and that comes under Support Code 6000. I can not proceed/print.

I've tried and tried to get help of some sort from Canon to try and understand how to go further, without any success. To say I am frustrated (and disgusted) with Canon support would be an understatement!

Can anyone here help me get whatever cleared? Thanks. DennisM

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon Knowledge Base - Support Code 6000

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tried all that John, all it involves is stuck paper (not) and power off to reset it's mind (tried many times).

I suspect my real answer is going to be to slow down next to a dumpster and tell it goodbye.

That will be a shame, just for lack of a person at Canon to guide me.. Do live people really exist there?

Oh well, it outlived its warranty.........

bevgrant38
Apprentice

Where is the solution?

dennism
Contributor

Bev, Canon sent me your question, I guess as a follow-up to my original request.

I'm no help to you, sadly. After quite a few phone calls, and a couple of emails, there was no answer from canon. My final solution was to "pass by a dumpster" and buy an equivalent new printer from Walmart, but made by HP. It has worked perfectly since day one, and was quite a lot lower in cost than the Canon.

Hmmmmm, do you suppose there are live people there yet? I don't care. Good luck. Dennis.

Announcements