cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5720 - B203 Error Message

cthrn
Apprentice

Canon MG5720 - when I turn on the printer, I get an error msg (B203) that says:  "An error has occurred. The printer needs repair. Turn the device off and unplug the power cord. Then see the manual and contact the service center."  I found the manual online, but was unable to access any support without paying. Didn't want to pay $20 to hear that it would be cheaper to buy a new one. Anyone know what this error msg is referring too?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

This is a general hardware failure error, which could be cause by a logic board failure or issue with the print head. 

f the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

You can take advantage of this offer by calling the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

This is a general hardware failure error, which could be cause by a logic board failure or issue with the print head. 

f the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

You can take advantage of this offer by calling the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks ArthurJ, I will do that.

Announcements