cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 Error Code: 0000 New port cannot be created

dallas1701
Apprentice

I keep getting the Error Code: "0000 New port cannot be created" on my PIXMA MG 5320. I've downloaded the drivers from the website, unistalled them, reinstalled them, restarted, etc. etc. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new HP laptop. My printer works fine on my other laptop (ASUS) which also runs Windows 10 and was purchased 2 months ago.

Thank you all for any help.

Dallas

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dallas1701,

The "New port cannot be created" error will point to something preventing the computer from creating our Canon CNBJ network port. This will usually point to security software blocking the creation of the port.

To resolve the issue, you can uninstall the drivers for the MG5320 and then restart the computer. Once the computer is back up, you can disable any security software on the computer and then you can try reinstalling the drivers.

If you still get the error, I would suggest contacting us for support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to further assist with this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements