cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Windows 10 won't set up properly

JIMDI
Apprentice

Have tried to set this printer up numerous times by different methods with no luck. It prints but takes a long time to print.

If I go into troubleshooting it doesn't find any problems. The Windows printer test page says it was correctly installed.

If I go into the IJ utility under status it says not found and certain settings can't be used. Spent many hours but no success.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JIMDI,

Are you using your PIXMA MG3620 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

When you mentioned the IJ Utility, are you referring to the IJ Scan Utility?

What is the exact error message that you get when attempting to use that utility?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Patrick wrote:

Hi JIMDI,

Are you using your PIXMA MG3620 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

When you mentioned the IJ Utility, are you referring to the IJ Scan Utility?

What is the exact error message that you get when attempting to use that utility?

I printing wirelessly. No cable

I was trying to use the IJ printer utility . Is that only for Macs? If so maybe that is why it isn't working properly.

I am not presently at the location for the printer so don't feel I can proceed at this point.      I do have the Windows Printer Test Page and the Network Configuration page with me and it says it is using a Type 3 User mode driver 2.90.2.10. Is this the correct driver? At one point during the setup it said it couldn't load the MP drivers.

Hi JIMDI.

The IJ Printer Utility is installed automatically by Windows, through the Windows 10 App store, when it detects a Canon inkjet printer on the network or connected by USB.

Patrick was referring to the "IJ Scan Utility," which comes bundled with the drivers developed by Canon.  If the IJ Scan Utility is not present, then you may find the Canon-produced drivers on the MG3620 Drivers & Downloads page.  The minimum necessary installation is the MG3600 series MP Drivers.

If the drivers do not install correctly, then your computer may be in S Mode.  Refer to Microsoft's support for Windows for more information on S Mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements