cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2525 suddenly started printing file path on all pages

FarmerYoYo
Apprentice

Hello 🙂

This is the first time I have EVER had to reach out to support for a cannon printer, they've always worked like a swiss watch... but I can't find help anywhere. I went to print a label from the Avery website like I've done hundreds of times before and the printer changed it's behavior though I haven't made a single change to it. It started doing two new things...

1) started printing the file name and date along the top and bottom of the page.

2) scaled images down so they will not print on the label properly. I have checked and rechecked all the settings in the .pdf I am printing from and the printers settings are set to scale-100%

I need help getting this date/file path from being printed

and

how to get the scale right.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi FarmerYoYo,

What version of Windows are you using?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi and I'm so sorry. I am using Windows 7 Professional

Thank you 🙂

Hi FarmerYoYo,

I forgot to ask, what program are you printing from?

These settings should be adjusted in the program you are using.  For example, if you are printing from the Chrome web browser, when you click the 3 dot button in the upper right corner and then Print, you will see the "Headers and footers" option.  Please make sure that this is not checked.

If you are not using Chrome, there will be a Headers and footers in the print options of the program that you are using.

print.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, sorry it has taken so long to respond here... long week. I regularly print from the firefox browser and after thinking hard, I seem to remember an update the last couple of weeks. Nothing had changed on my end. When I go to download a pdf to print, I open it in adobe reader and print from that and all is as it should be. I have tried to deal with the print settings within firefox, but will work on that later. I think it ended up being a browser issue, like you mention. Thank you very much for your assistance. 🙂

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements