cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5520 powered off after fixing a B200 error code and won't power back on.

Selkirk
Apprentice

While I was printing today I ran out of yellow ink, replaced it and continued to print for another 15 minutes and then it stopped and I got error code B200. I found a tutorial to reset it and it worked, started working and sounded like it was doing a cleaning process, error code went away and normal menu like it was going to work again, then shut down and will not turn on. I'm not sure what to try next. I've plugged in and unplugged, waited and then tried to power on...nothing. Held power button on up to 20 seconds and still nothing.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This error typically indicates a problem with the printhead.  There is a communication error, It has overheated or failed.  First thing to try is to remove the ink cartridges, then remove and reseat the printhead,  If this does not work, It will be less expensive for you to replace a 7 yr old printer than to replace a printhead or try to have it repaired.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Selkirk
Apprentice

Thank you for the response. I had already done the things you suggested and went ahead and ordered another printer. It should arrive today. It was less expensive to buy a new one, than the time it took me to research, you tube videos, watch forums, take it apart, put back together...Hours wasted of my day. Bummer I had just put new ink in it and now the new printer won't take the same thing. ugh...so much money wasted. Thank you again for the response.

Announcements