cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Problems installing new ink cartridge

IMPATIENT1
Apprentice

We installed a new Fine Pixma 245 black cartridge in Model MG2522 and followed all procedures but when we printed out alignment page it was missing some black areas and amber light still on for black ink.  When trying to print it states the printer is performing another duty and our power light is intermittently flashing with stalls after 2 flashes?

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When the 2 flash error appears, reload the paper in the rear tray and press the Black or Color button to resume printing.

If that does not resolve you issue, cancel the print and then while the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Arthur for responding to my dilemma.  It has turned out that I apparently bought a defective cartridge as I received a new cartridge from the Canon support team and have just installed the new cartridge and it worked like a dream.  

My initial inquiry should have been more clear as I did not receive the 2 flash error, the black ink low indicator light was what I was referring to as it had always stayed on after the installation procedures.

I am happy to have this resolved

Announcements