cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Confusion with IJ Network Scanner Selector and Another Canon Printer

magicspeller
Apprentice

We are a two-Canon-printer household. My wife has a Pixma MX472 printer and I have a Pixma G7020. I have used my G7020 to scan documents multiple times (using IJ Scan Utility) without problems. However, a couple of days ago I put a document in my printer and tried to scan it and I got a blank page. It took me some time to realize that the app was scanning from my wife's MX472.

Now, ordinarily this wouldn't be a big issue because as long as I can scan the source doesn't matter. However, in this case I have a 400-page document that I want to scan with my Automatic Document Feeder, which the MX472 doesn't have -- and I don't want to have to do it a page at a time!

In looking into this, I discovered I have an IJ Network Scanner Selector EX and one called IJ Network Scanner Selector EX2. I hadn't paid any attention to these in the past because everything just worked. However, now I noticed that the EX app is set to scan from the MX 470 Series, and the EX2 app is set to scan from the MX 7000 Series. Each one has only one choice, and I don't see any way to change them.

I tried disabling EX; when I run the IJ Scan Utility, it still wants to scan from the MX472. I tried exiting from EX; it still wants to scan from the MX472.

What do I have to do to get the software to scan from the G7020?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

magicspeller
Apprentice

Well, I'm embarrassed. When I didn't see an answer here, it occurred to me that if I uninstalled the EX app, the EX2 app would have to be used and the correct printer would be used. After I did that, though, when I went to run the IJ Scan Utility, I noticed that at the top of the screen there's a "Product Name" dropdown, which I'd completely missed before. I used that to select my printer and everything worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

magicspeller
Apprentice

Well, I'm embarrassed. When I didn't see an answer here, it occurred to me that if I uninstalled the EX app, the EX2 app would have to be used and the correct printer would be used. After I did that, though, when I went to run the IJ Scan Utility, I noticed that at the top of the screen there's a "Product Name" dropdown, which I'd completely missed before. I used that to select my printer and everything worked perfectly.

Announcements