cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Class 753CDW SUCKS at everything now

crapko
Contributor

Hello all,

Used to love this printer but after a year I hate it..

1- Will NEVER wake up to print.  I have to press the home button to wake it. (used to work)

2- Forever changing IP address,  Why?  is this part of my problem.

3- Now, Half the time the printer just won't print.  Spools and sends to printer but no print,, 

4- Incessant Toner Dtaus pop up window,  How to stop it, or schedule daily, weekly etc.

5- now i have a Network scanner selector error everyday and I have never once scanned to my computer,  Only to USB.

6- As i type this rant i hear one page of a 21 page doc printed and now it has stopped again.

7- THe window print cue window says "printing" but nothing is happening.

8-  Is there a 100% refresh this POS option?  I have changed NOTHING on it in the last year and each day it gets worse.  Does something need to be cleared out?

Rant off now,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Chris,

Wow.

Still want to welcome you back to the community.  I can see you're frustrated. 😀  

1. This may get resolved by resolving #2.  Another option might be firmware if you haven't done this.  That won't happen until there is reliable connectivity.

2. IP changing.  Yes.  That what routers do.  Its called DHCP.  The router maintains a pool of addresses it assigns to a device when it requests connection to your network.  Works great for devices that visit or "come and go", but not so much for persistent devices, like a printer, NAS, webserver or devices that uses or needs a static destination.  When a device isn't used, goes to sleep, or is turned off for an extended period, a router may decide the device is no longer present on the network.  It reclaims the previously assigned IP and puts it back in its pool of available addresses.  If a new device comes along, it might get the IP assigned previously.  Now you try to print, your computer or phone sends the request to the last known destination which is now incorrect.  There is actually more to it than that but we won't go into it here 😉.  Recommendation, assign or reserve a static IP for the printer on your network.  This is done on your router.  Destination doesn't change, problem solved.  🙂

3. See above

4. Is this popping up on the printer or your computer?  If you install the Toner Status application it might show itself more than you care for.  There are some settings in the printer's Remote UI that can probably help, but I think getting you printing working reliably might be higher on your list at the moment.  

5. This is likely a driver setting that you unintentionally changed.  The printer remembers and will try to use the last selection

6. Without reliable connectivity, printing could be sporadic

7. Same as above

8. There is a reset option.  This has to be done from the Remote UI.  We can do this if you want to start over, but it might be over kill since you said you haven't changed anything in a year.

9.  I'm going to help you 😉  Hopefully get things working again.  (this ones not on the list)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Here is where I'd like you to start.

Power cycle the printer (gracefully) .  Use the wireless icon at the bottom of the printer's LCD.  Tap that, select Wireless LAN settings.  Now tap the name of your network and confirm the password.  Once connected, log into your router.  Review the list of attached devices.  What is the IP its assigned to the printer?  Make note of that.

Now look for Address reservation, Static IP assignment, etc.  Name varies based on your device model.  If you need help, provide the make and model.  I'll try to find the manual or instructions for you. Reserve the IP the router has assigned.

Power cycle the printer again.  Now confirm reliable connection.  Open a command prompt.  ping the IP address.  You should receive replies.  You can also open a browser and enter the IP address.  If the Remote UI displays, that a good sign.  Let me know how far you get and we will move on. 

The solution we are working towards only needs to be done once.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements