cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Borderless and duplex

talenetx
Apprentice

I have a Canon G7020.  I am trying to print a pdf booklet. Each page has a one inch border of whitespace already. I would like to print borderless because I do not need an additional one inch margin around the whole thing.  When I set it to print borderless, however, it will not print duplex.  There has to be a way to override this.  Please help.

Pamela

5 REPLIES 5

talenetx
Apprentice

I should note that it won't even do MANUAL duplexing, which would at least instruct me on how to reinsert the pages to get them to  print correctly to make a booklet.

rs-eos
Elite

What software/application are you using to print the document? What operation system are you using?

You shouldn't have to specify borderless at all since when printing documents, any margins should always be from the edge of the paper.

Assuming that the PDF actually represents US Letter pages and that's that paper size you're printing to?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I am printing from acrobat. The margins it is setting ARE from the edge of the paper. But, the document ALREADY HAS built-in margins of its own, so it starts printing an inch from the edge of the paper, like you are saying, but the first thing it has to "print" is an inch of blank space. So, in effect, I get two inches of margin around the paper.. 

The margin settings in Acrobat are all set to 0 in.  The margins in the printer window show 1 in all around. As you can see, it's grayed out so I can't change it..Screenshot 2023-07-15 120909.png

PDF would give you WYSIWYG output, so you'll need to change the flow of text such that there wouldn't be 2-inch margins.  What application was used to create the PDF? You'll need to adjust the margins there and re-generate the PDF.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

It's a PDF. I can't add or remove the blank space. I did not create the pdf.  I do not know what application was used to create the pdf. In the real world, sometimes contracts or other documents need to be printed in the format they arrive in. You don't always have the option of changing the document.

Announcements