cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G2020 won't print blue, although window says it is 2/3 full

kiddee
Contributor

My Canon Pixma G6000, bought 7/19/23, is not printing blue.  I have done several print head cleanings and a couple deep cleanings.  Ink windows look like they are all 2/3 full, although I have never had to change or refill the inks, which is rather amazing. Suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact model number in the G6000 printer series.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you run a nozzle check after the cleanings?

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : G6000 series : Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Yes, I did nozzle checks each time, and no blue.  Just pink and yellow.

I would guess plugged or failed print head. Nothing to lose by trying one of the head cleaning methods on YouTube. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for the YouTube suggestion, John.  I watched a video on flushing the nozzles.  I hate to get inside the printer and mess with stuff, afraid I'd break something or not get it put back together correctly.  The printer is barely under warranty, and I am scheduled to take it to Geek Squad this week to have them fix it.  I think at no charge.  Better than my trying it.  However, that's an option.  I didn't do the nozzle cleaning option in maintenance because it warned that it would take a lot of ink.

BTW, my printer is a Canon Pixma G2020.  I didn't see a place to change that info.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements