cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PIXMA TR2020a color prints are washed out

simonsays96
Apprentice

Hello, 

i just bought and installed a Canon PIXMA TR 2020a specifically because it was recommended to work well with my iPad Pro which is what I use. It prints documents nicely but anything in color like photos look washed out like an overexposed photo, ie., as if the film was overexposed. Really not happy with it this way at all. Any suggestions? And unfortunately, iPad doesn’t offer many print options like a laptop would. So there’s nothing to adjust. Hope I’ve made sense.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Give canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you try printing via a computer to compare output? What app are you printing from on iPad?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for responding. I just printed via the app you mentioned (and I already had installed). Result was the same washed out appearance. I resent the photo to my husband’s email for him to print. Not thinking very clearly, I accessed his email, and from there printed out the picture on my iPad and it looked much better! Very small but better quality. Hmmmm. That’s confusing since the email was still printed via my iPad. 

Maybe I have to email every photo I want to print! Sorry, joking. I think I’m going to return the printer unless you have another suggestion. I love my ipad but it’s not a laptop and has a lot of limitations. Thank you again for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated. Take care.

Give canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Jrhoffman75, thank you for providing the phone #. I spoke with a technical advisor and tried a few things but he ended up as puzzled as I am that the iPad prints beautifully from an email but not regularly. I’m returning it and trying another. I appreciate your help. Take care. 

Announcements