cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA canon ip3500 previously working, does not recognize the USB port.

samcortes
Apprentice

My PIXMA ip3500 all of a sudden does not recognize the printer USB port (the printer has been working properly for a number of years).. I tried using a different USB port on the computer (which works) and also changed out the USB cable. So I do not think it is the computer. I reloaded software which works fine until I get the error message (code 43 on the computer) "printer is ofline".

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Samcortes!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what  Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).  Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 7 /64

My PIXMA ip3500 all of a sudden does not recognize the printer USB port (the printer has been working properly for a number of years).. I tried using a different USB port on the computer (which works) and also changed out the USB cable. So I do not think it is the computer. I reloaded software which works fine until I get the error message (code 43 on the computer) "printer is ofline".

Hello samcortes.

For testing purposes, please try plugging the power for the printer printer directly to a Wall outlet rather than through a power strip.. 

Also, ensure that the USB cable is connected directly to the computer and not through any USB hubs or extension cables.

If the issue persists, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer is already connected directly to the power source and the USB cable is connected directly to the computer. I tried the Canon WEB site before, I'll try again. Thanks

janeintoronto
Contributor

I recently plugged in my Pixma 300 series (which expects a USB 2.0 port) into one of my 3.0 ports in my new Lenovo Win 8.1 64bit and I downloaded drivers from Canon.ca. To my surprise it worked. Then I messed about with things, at first re-plugging in the printer to a USB hub. Now the printer did not show up in MSPaint "Select  printer", AND somewhere I got a message that it wanted a USB 2 and might not work on a 3.o. But I knew it already had worked once. I disengaged the printer from the USB port, and then, in Control Panel-Devices-Printers, I "removed" the printer. Then I plugged the printer back into the USB, yes even the USB hub that had not worked before. I don't think I had to do anything else; maybe I did "Add a Printer", I just can't remember. However, this process of disconnecting the printer, "removing" it, and then plugging it in again has worked. And it does not appear that I have to re-download the drivers. Perhaps just doing this will work for you.

Announcements