cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed attempt to enter wifi password (PIXMA MX492)

josephwb
Contributor

On setting up my printer for the first time, I came across the step where I enter te wifi password. I mis-entered the password, and I have not been able to get back to that step.

When I try to do the wireless LAN setup, it says connected to the network (and does not prompt for a password). However, the correct passowrd has never been entered, so no computer can print from it through the network.

How do I do a factory reset so I can get that password prompt again?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to resolve this by starting the LAN setup, pressing Stop, and navigating to the Manual setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SamanthaW

Hello!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin

Thanks! 

Whoops. It is a Canon PIXMA MX492.

I went to "Device Settings" and "Reset settings" in an attempt to reset the printer to factory settings. However, when I go to the LAN Setup, it still just says connected to the network. So my problem remains: the correct wifi password has never been entered, and so I cannot print.

Greetings,

This should help.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the reply Rick, but the link is broken (Page Not Found).

Joseph.

I was able to resolve this by starting the LAN setup, pressing Stop, and navigating to the Manual setup.

Announcements