cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Ventura Driver and Scanner Support - PIXMA MG7120

Kawika
Contributor

I recently upgraded to MAC OS Ventura 13.0.1 and am unable to install the drivers and scanner application for my Canon PIXMA MG7120 printer.

The issue is compatibility between the Canon Driver Package that just won't install on the new version of MAC OS.

The error message I get when trying to load "Mac-mg7100-1_0-mcd.dmg" is ""Setup.app" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

I'm running MAC OS Ventura 13.0.1 and I am unable to use the scanner from my computer. Does anyone know when this issue will be resolved?

PS: Please don't merge this with another thread.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I went ahead and purchased the Vuescan product.  It works good, like any new app just need to learn how to use it.  Good news is that it's not that hard to use.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Being as Canon stopped posting driver updates with Catalina (macOS 10.15) I wouldn't expect anything for Ventura.

You could try Vuescan by Hamrick Software for scanner operability.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John

Kawika
Contributor

I downloaded the software and it easily interfaced with my Canon Scanner. - Thanks John (jrhoffman75)

pia12sol
Apprentice

I also had the problem with there being no drivers for Mac OS13 Ventura, but I went ahead and downloaded drivers for the previous Mac OS 12 and I could print and do copies, but not scan.  I did a wired install as the guy that gave me the MG2922 told me it wouldn't work wireless with his Mac.  Just for fun, I tried to print from my iPhone and installed the Canon app.   Surprise, suprise, I was able to both scan and print wirelessly from my iPhone with the latest iOS and the Canon app.  Don't get me wrong, the install was nearly impossible, but I just kept trying and after getting the wheel of death for minutes on end, I would go to the next step again and again until they said "just try" and I did and it finally worked.  So, using your iPhone for scan is an option. . . then airdrop to your Macbook.  The copier works. (I should try a wireless install with the Mac.)  Good to know about the Vuescan.  It makes old scanners viable.  $25 for basic, $99 if you want to scan slides and film.  I will be happy if Apple or Canon ever comes up with a proper Ventura driver, but for now it works abeit with some caveats/difficulties.

I went ahead and purchased the Vuescan product.  It works good, like any new app just need to learn how to use it.  Good news is that it's not that hard to use.

Paigeflink
Apprentice

I scanned the document from my phone, then sent the doc to my computer. Seems pretty dumb that you'd have to buy a third party product ($25 for the basic package at VueScan) when apple keeps updating its systems. Come on Canon, catch up! 

Olivershamm
Apprentice

I spent a ton of money for a new Mac Studio; not about to spend more just to print with Canon. That money will be used on a different brand printer...can't be any worse. You lost another customer Canon!

Announcements