cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nozzle Check on PIXMA G3100 is showing pukey green for the Magenta slot

CodingFiend
Apprentice

My printer has of late decided it not use the magenta ink any more.  This is a 4 ink printer, with CMYK as the 4 ink colors.  Things that are supposed to come out as red, print as Green. The nozzle check for Magenta isn't blank ,but rather shows a pukey green, as if the printer decided that Magenta is a no-go, so it is substituting green for Red. 

My magenta tank is half full, so that is not the problem. I have done a cleaning on Magenta, no change.

I replaced the ink absorber sponges, and tried to the reset of the waste ink counter via the service mode button presses. 

I would think that the printer on a nozzle check would never mix colors. So why is magenta printing as green? The printer must be being clever and substituting; how do i stop this?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, CodingFiend!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using in the PIXMA G3000 series.  The model number will be shown on the top or front of the unit. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

CodingFiend
Apprentice

The exact model is G3100.  But i would imagine the firmware is the same for all of them. I can't imagine during nozzle check that the printer would fire ink from only the Magenta nozzles. I can't imagine why with a half tank full of magenta it would spit out yellow and green which makes that dirty color. If i could paste a photo here i could show you the bizarre color we are getting in the magenta section of the nozzle check. If the magenta nozzle check was blank i could establish that the magenta line was clogged. But this is not an empty nozzle check but rather the wrong color.

Thanks for letting us know what specific printer model you're using, though we need to let you know that the PIXMA G3100 is a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

CodingFiend
Apprentice

I live in the USA,don't speak any language but English and some Japanese. I do the tech support in the family, and i would appreciate any help from the US community of canon users, which is probably 100X that of remote towns far away. Surely someone must have encountered a nozzle check for Magenta that prints brownish.

If you live in the United States with a G3100 it sounds like you may have received a gray market product, not intended for use within the USA. You can learn more about that here.

While we still cannot assist with a product that we do not support (since it isn't intended for sale here), our community is welcome to chime in to help if they can! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements